Monday, January 17, 2011

din O mite

Because G. has spent the past two weeks studying dinosaurs in school, I decided to take him on a special trip to the Museum of Natural Science to see the "real" thing! He was so excited he went running to the dinosaurs before I could even pay for our tickets!

 He definitely knew the triceratops...
 Was mesmerized by a dinosaur egg....
 Was troubled by the lion and bloody zebra...
 and amazed at  the long neck like in Land Before Time.
 After we saw the dinosaurs and diamonds, we went to explore the hall of energy.
 Then to my favorite...the Cockrell Butterfly Center.
 A walking stick!
 An incredible waterfall,. which I had never noticed on my own.
And a very neat iguana who lives in the butterfly museum.
The day reminded me of the John Cooper slogan, "From curiosity to wisdom." It was fun to be around someone so curious. What a day!

No comments: