For the past two weeks Gregory has been taking swimming lessons with a wonderful instructor named Desiree at FINNS. There is one other very sweet girl in his class named Olivia and G. seems to enjoy watching her and making "raindrops". What I enjoy most in watching him interact with the others. I like being the observer...
I know I am supposed to be focusing on all the great things in life, but over this past week I have been frustrated, impatient, and cranky. I just wish Gregory had more support from someone besides just me. I try to do it all but I just can't. Here are some things that I wish G. had but doesn't: 1. A dad to take him to the grocery store, the park, the pool, ANYTHING by himself. Just anything! 2. Grandparents who could just come over and watch him for a few hours or take him to the grocery store, the park, the pool, ANYTHING!
While considering #1 and #2, I should mention this: 3. It would be AWESOME if there were someone who would take Gregory to do all those things that I really don't care to do but that he loves like fishing, throwing stones in the water, bike rides and playing in dirt....oh, this was Ania. Sadly for us, Ania is moving back to Poland on the 26th. We were so lucky to have her in our lives for the last nine months. I pray someone else out there will come along to do these "fun, boy" things with G....because fishing and throwing stones in a pondis way out of my element :)
Because I so cherish my time with Gregory it is hard for me to admit that I need help, but I think I've hit the breaking point. I do love my time with him but for just an hour a week, I wish there were someone else in his life that could help give him direction and guidance. I truly can't do it all, even though I wish I could.
No comments:
Post a Comment